Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR) teaches practical meditation tools to help enhance quality of life physically, emotionally and mentally. This 8-week program is designed for individuals both with stress-related conditions, as well as those simply wanting to learn to live more mindfully. Developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, at the Massachusetts University Medical Centre in 1979, it is now taught worldwide. Research shows that regular mindfulness meditation practice brings about measurable lasting changes in health and brain function associated with memory, focus, empathy and stress.
Studies demonstrate that MBSR helps:
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
The MBSR 8 Week Program – What’s involved?
– Weekly instruction in mindfulness meditation practices in a non- religious context
– Group discussions and activities enhancing everyday awareness and quality of life
– Strategies to deal with the daily challenges of stress, anxiety and chronic pain
– Gentle stretching and mindful movement
– Daily home assignments, work book and practice recordings
– All day retreat
– Total 30 hours teacher-led contact time